10 Fun And Easy Neighbor Gift Ideas
Few things are as wonderful as the feeling that comes from giving a great gift and seeing the joy that it can bring. And as the holidays approach, plenty of us are thinking about what to get that special someone this year. But, it's important to look past family members and remember that there are others who we're likely giving gifts to as well. A perfect example? Your neighbor.
Whether you're best friends or just casual acquaintances, giving your neighbor a gift this holiday season is a good idea and a great way to build an even stronger bond. And best of all, you don't have to spend a fortune to give your neighbor a great gift.
Here are 10 fun and easy ideas to think about when you start planning out a neighbor's gift this year.
- Fill up a decorative mason jar with fruity Twizzlers. The red color is perfect for the season and a great way to give them a snack they'll love.
- Candied pecans are another great option, and are nutty, delicious, and can be given in a decorative holiday bag, a pretty jar, or even a gift tin or gift box that you think fits their style.
- One option that is easy to overlook is a pre-made custom hot chocolate mix. You can package it in a mason jar or tin and give it, with instructions included that show how to make a perfect cup.
- Butter. It's not what most people think of when it comes to gifts, but you can actually make custom compound butter from scratch by softening the butter and mixing in things like garlic, honey, or herbs, then refrigerating the mixture.
- Another easy to overlook option is un-popped popcorn. Loosely pack it into a jar and give them some for their next movie night.
- Want to give them something that most won't think of? Try batteries this year. Some hand wrapped batteries will often help out during the holiday season in a big way, and it's easy to buy in bulk and create a custom mix for all your neighbors.
- You can also head to the local honey vendor and give your neighbor local honey from a nearby beekeeper. It's a great way to give them a sweet treat this year - and support local businesses in the process.
- Another great option? A potted herb plant. Whether it's lavender, sage, or thyme, take a few minutes to pot a couple of herbs. Even a tiny planter pot is all you need to give a starter herb gift!
- Another option that isn't that common is the gift of sanitizer. You can even decorate a bottle of hand sanitizer for the holidays to really spread some cheer and keep the wintertime germs at bay.
- Finally, if you're a baker or if you make candy for the holidays, those make perfect gifts for the neighbor. Bread, muffins, pastries, and homemade holiday candy can all be perfect gifts that they'll love.