Sparkling Cranberry Muffins
Sparkling Glaze (optional)
- 8 ounces flour
- 4 ounces sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 ounces sparkling wine
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce sparkling wine
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. If too thick, add a little more wine until desired consistency is reached.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine wine, eggs, butter and lemon zest. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the walnuts, cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Prepare muffin tins* by lining with baking cups or coating tins with butter and then dusting with flour. Pour batter (about 1/4 cup) into muffin tins. Bake for about 20 minutes, until set.
- Remove from tins and let cool on a wire rack. If glazing, wait until muffins are completely cool, then drizzle with glaze.
- *Note: The outsides of the muffins were crisper when using the butter and flour method for the tins.
These muffins would be great for breakfast or dessert. They have just enough sweetness to satisfy a sugar craving, but not so much that you feel bad eating one in the morning. Bites have a hint of tart, a bit of crunch and are light and moist. They didn't last very long, which is always a good sign.
Source: Tasty Trials
Back to Outdoor Nativity Sets Blog